What our network will do
The London National Park City will be made successful through a flexible and shared vision that can be collectively realised by working together and alongside each other.
To get ready, we're building a unique cross-sector network of groups and organisations that want to:
- Connect more people to nature and the outdoors, improving their health, wellbeing and social cohesion;
- Create high quality greenspace and better places in London, delivering improvements for wildlife, people’s enjoyment and an attractive and sustainable environment for living and working in;
- Promote the identity of London as the world’s first National Park City, helping residents and visitors to appreciate the potential for a rich cultural life anchored in its outdoor heritage; and;
- Link people who live in London and other cities to the national and international family of nature reserves, national parks and other protected areas.
By becoming a member of the network you will have the opportunity to play a unique role in London's historic journey to become a celebrated National Park City.
As we grow the network, you will be:
- able to access the flexible cross-sector alliance we are building
- invited to networking events, including forums, conferences and open challenges
- given opportunities to learn new knowledge and skills
- positioned to influence future National Park City decision making
- kept informed through our newsletter
- offered opportunities to collaborate on joint work with other members of the network
Get involved as an Organisation
The network is being established by the new National Park City Foundation, a charity that is being created to help make London a successful National Park City. At this stage we are inviting organisations to join the network and will be launching it formerly in the near future.
Groups, organisations, agencies and businesses are all welcome. You do not have to be based in London and national and international organisations are encouraged to join. There are no fees or obligations.
As a first step we have setup a Network Newsletter via which we will share information of interest to organisations wishing to get more involved.
If you wish to be a member of the network, or you just want to stay in touch and find out more, please sign up to the newsletter:
Are you a Private Individual?
The Network newsletter is intended for organisations, so please sign up to our main Newsletter where we will be sharing updates of more interest to individuals. If on signing you select the Volunteer option then you will also receive details of opportunities for getting involved in making the London National Park City a success.