From joining a Find Your London walk to coming to our next volunteer meeting, we'd love to meet you at one of our events.
We have volunteer meetings most months. They usually take place at Better Bankside near London Bridge, but sometimes especially in the warmer months elsewhere. If you want to get involved early on in helping make London into a National Park City then this is a great place to start.
As well as the general volunteer meetings we have regular smaller meetups covering different working areas as we expand out the details of our plans. For example right now we are very active working towards the National Park City Fair and National Park City Week, as well as on relaunching our website.
If you would like to get involved then just drop us a note at email@example.com with some details on your areas of interest and background. We've a lot to do and everyone's help is most welcome and valuable! It is a fun time to be involved!!
See the dates of the next meetings and RSVP over on Eventbrite.
National Park City Fair 21 July 2018
To kick off the week we are launching our first London National Park City Fair during the day on Saturday 21st July 2018, at Conway Hall, Red Lion Square in the centre of London.
This FREE event will consist of a Volunteering & Experiences fair, and an A-Z Field Guide to London National Park City consisting of 26 short talks introducing fascinating aspects of London and interesting Londoners.
If you are an organisation or company and would like to run a stand at the fair, then you can find out more and apply on the form found on National Park City Week.
National Park City Week 21 - 29 July 2018
Being led by the Mayor of London, National Park City Week will kick off the school summer holidays with a range of activities across the capital. We hope these include things like walks, talks, parkour, kayaking, street dance, improving places for wildlife, play streets, food growing and other things that celebrate London's great outdoors.
Working with the National Park City Foundation and other partners, the Mayor is calling on Londoners to get involved. Community groups, businesses, boroughs and local networks can all organise their own events.
Read more over at National Park City Week and then why not suggest your own event!
Some of our past events
- Launch of the National Park City Foundation at Geovation, Urban Innovation Centre (2nd October 2017). Read a brief summary over on the IUCN Blog
- Imagine Design and Art Competition - What would London look like as a National Park City? (Aug 2017)
- Confluence walk into London (July 2017) and then again Confluence 2 in Nov 2017
- The Making of a National Park City at the Royal Festival Hall (September 2016)
- The Wild West Huddle at Watermans in Brentford (April 2016).
- WILD: ReNaturing the City. In partnership with the London College of Communication (LCC, February 2016).
- Let's make London a National Park City (Conway Hall & City Hall, July 2015).
- Reimagine London: What if we made London a National Park City? (Southbank Centre, February 2015).