Do you want to explore London and help make London a National Park City? Join us for the #NationalParkCity Confluence!
This is a great opportunity to support the campaign and explore part of the capital with fellow Londoners.
Confluence is a FREE EVENT.
Join us to:
- Walk through London from lots of different sources
- Photograph places, wildlife and other things that celebrate why London can be a National Park City
- Pick from one of four shared group routes or plan your own walk
- Converge at a final meeting point to share our journeys.
See a different part of London - The shared group routes will start at the North, South, East and Western edges of London and meander into our meeting point in central London. Why not pick a walk from a different part of London and explore parts of the city you haven’t seen before?
It's a meander not a race! - All the walks will be gentle, easy going and family friendly. The Confluence is all about enjoying our city not racing through it! If you would prefer to join just for the afternoon all the walks will have a designated half way point near a tube station so it’s easy for you to join in! You can take part by walking on your own or with a group of friends. Either way, we'll all meet when we confluence in central London.
We'll show you the way - The planned walks will start at 10am Sat 15th July and end at the confluence point at roughly 6pm depending on how slowly we walk! All of the walks will be led by a team leader so don’t worry about losing your way!
Like taking photos? - As we go some of us will be taking photos and creating a social media storm to inform, engage and excite Londoners about our campaign to make London a National Park City. The more people who take part, the bigger the storm and the greater the event!
What if it rains? - In the event of awful weather which London does on occasion experience the walks will take place on the 29th July however this is unlikely and everybody will be notified in advance.
Sign Up for Free By Selecting a Route
We have shown the rough routes. We will refine these over the next couple of weeks to ensure they go through the must see parts of London. Do let us know if you think we've missed a must-see part of London! Tweet us at @LondonNPC, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are planning 4 routes for you to join. Please select the one you wish to join in the form. You can join from the start or from a designated midway point.
- North Route - Running from Hendon Central going south into central London
- East Route - Running from Gants Hill, walking west into central London
- South Route - From South Croydon heading north into central London
- West Route - From Richmond upon Thames station heading east into Central London
If you cannot join any of the planned routes, then why not arrange your own walk with your family or friends, heading the central meeting up point:
- Your Own Route - Make your own way into the central London meet up point, and share your experiences.
Sign up now for FREE and we will email you with more details of meetup points, times and other arrangements closer to the day.